Ethos & Aims
Ethos of the School
Aims of the School
- To prepare each child for life, both temporal and eternal.
- To help children develop lively, inquiring minds; giving them the ability to question, to argue rationally and to apply themselves to tasks.
- To develop each child to his or her full potential – mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually, bearing in mind the varying needs and abilities of each child.
- To help children to understand the rapidly changing world in which we live.
- To help children to use language, effectively and imaginatively, in reading, writing and speaking.
- To provide a basis of mathematical, scientific and technical knowledge to enable both girls and boys, in the application of that knowledge, to cope with the demands of the world.
- To teach children about past human achievement and aspirations in God’s created world.
The staff make every effort to fulfil these aims both through the formal curriculum and the extra curricular activities at both the school and church.
“We, the Leadership, Trustees, Management, Staff and Parents, are committed to care for the children entrusted to us. Each child is unique in God’s eyes with individual, God-given abilities and talents to be recognised and developed. As much as we are able we will nurture, train and educate each child, supporting them as they discover God’s plan for their lives.
With Christ at the centre, we, as living witnesses to the Christian faith, will endeavour to inspire the children to follow God, cherish His Word, seek His will and excel in all that they do.”